Sunday, August 24, 2008

From then until now





Well, we have been very busy since I last posted, Tom is home from England (first class I may add), we have gone to Block Island for a weekend, I have gone to Dennis (and will return) to visit Honey, and we just returned from a weekend in Falmouth!!

Block Island is just beautiful! 46% of the land is conservation. That stops developers from coming in and building. We fished the first day and got fluke and scupp. I was surprised to find scupp so tasty. It is a white fish and is similar to Cod. Then the next day we hired a taxi and took a tour of the island. Breath takingly beautiful. We fished the next day too and then back to the dock.

We got a slip at the Falmouth Marina. The first day we just walked into town, had lunch, walked around and then just relaxed on the boat. We saw a friend of Gene's and we saw that he had this shade umbrella. It is 6 ft square and covers the back deck of the boat. Since West Marine was just a block away, we got one. Wow, it really helped keep the back deck shady and cooler!!!

We went fishing, boated around some of Martha's Vineyard and anchored for a while. OOOh what a life.

I also bought a new camera, a digital slr. I am still playing around with it and making some great mistakes. I think I will have to take some classes. :)

No comments: