Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Great Adventures of the Kayak Girls





Lat Saturday, some friends and I went kayaking on the Green Harbor River. It is also the Daniel Webster Bird Sanctuary. First we had to carry the kayaks down a steep slope. Then Fran had to teach me to get in, balance and schooch into the water. The schooching part was fine it was just the getting in and balancing part that was a little tricky :)

I was absolutely beautiful and peaceful. We saw osprey, blue herons, hawks...

It was very hot but there was a little breeze to keep us cool. At times the water depth was only about 3 feet but it was murky and there was lot of alge or muck as I called it. We did see a footbridge so this area can be seen on foot. There really is no access to this river except from where we launched, but it was peaceful and quiet. I loved it and hope to do it again


http://picasaweb.google.com/deborahcollins26/KayakingPics

No comments: