Monday, April 3, 2023

My Son's Best Friend Vinny

 Katie called me today and said " I have some bad news.  Vinny died in a car accident last night"  

Vinny Rafferty was my son Jon's best friend.  Best man at his wedding. Yin for his yang.  

I always thought that as long as Vinny was around, I would still have a part of Jonathan to hug. The last time I saw Vinny was at Jon's memorial last June. It felt so good to see him and to have his hugs! Like an extension of Jon. Now he is with Jon.

I am so sad for his family, his wife Chrisi, his kids, and friends.

The pain I feel for Jon is still raw. This just adds to the sadness. I am grieving again, and so are Jon's friends. Most of all, so is my daughter, Katie. She lost her brother a year ago and lost his best friend yesterday . I am in Texas right now. I cannot hug her or cry with her physically, but she knows that I am with her.

Vinny, rest in peace my dear.


My heart!

At our pool!

Singing!

Vinny with a beard


Katie & Jon

No comments: