Sunday, March 26, 2023

The Alamo San Antonio Tx

 While I am trying to still catch up on our wonderful adventures, I thought I may as well keep current as well when I have the internet.


We are at a place called Alamo River RV and campground.  It is in Von Ormy TX about 10 miles south of San Antonio.  We have been in better places and some much worse.  The Alamo River is a bit of a hike in the campground and really not something I really want to do in 86 degree heat is hike!  :)

There is a rescue dog farm behind us.  About 75 yards.  there Dogs barking, whining, howling almost 24/7.  Withe the A/C on I can only hear the very loud birds.  Come night fall, well bark, bark, bark.....  so much so that I had barking dogs in my dreams!!  Tonight I will turn on a loud fan!!:)


We went to the Alamo today March 26, 2023 .  Impressive.  We went early so it was still cooler and a little overcast.  Perfect.  Gene talked to the Alamo Rangers.  (of course!)  We saw a couple of character actors talking about that was happening.  :)  The grounds were beautiful.  A compliment of shade and sun.  Not too crowded but steady.  














We also had lunch outside at the Crockett Tavern was listened to a country music player!  Sang some great songs including Friends in Low places, and Tennessee Whiskey  💔. 





No comments: